Back to Job Opportunities Page
|Administrative Office of the Courts|
Business Unit: 23100
Judicial Specialist Leadworker #00053533-23100, Full-Time, Perm, in Santa Fe, NM
# of Positions: 1
Opening Date: 12-29-2021 - Close Date: 01-14-2022
Job Pay Range: HH: $17.407 - $28.287 per hour
Target Pay Range/Rate: $17.407 - $21.759 per hour
Prospectively, the New Mexico Judicial Branch is requiring full vaccination status as a condition of employment to being hired into the judiciary. Fully vaccinated means two weeks beyond the second Moderna or Pfizer vaccination or single dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccination, and if eligible, must have received the COVID-19 Booster.
The First Judicial District Court is recruiting for a full-time, classified, Judicial Specialist Leadworker #00053533-23100 in Santa Fe, New Mexico. GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Acting under general direction lead, mentor and train others to prepare and process court documents, perform judicial procedures and work with the court case management system. This is a full performance level job classification. Finalist(s) may be subject to criminal background checks.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
● The Judicial Specialist Leadworker is responsible leading, mentoring, overseeing, and training staff in judicial procedures, court/office functions and court case document processing.
● Provides customer service information to high volume of pro-se litigants by providing general procedural information without giving legal advice.
● Uses the case management system to (1) open cases – determine case type/cause of action and assess and receipt filing fee if required; (2) docket cases – review documents and determine appropriate event codes, enter data, scan documents, and link related scanned images; and (3) close cases – determine and enter closing events, disposition type, and judgement details.
● Processes and expedites orders of Protection; sets hearings and trials.
● Assesses, receipts, records, reconciles monies, prepares bank deposits, and ensures proper cash handling procedures are followed.
● Processes, maintains, and distributes documents, files and case materials.
● Processes petitions for Trial Court Extensions of time to proceed to trial.
● Uses the case management system to manage and track cases to ensure compliance with case type, appearance dates, sentencing requirements and follow through with necessary steps, which may include: orders to show cause, bench warrants, recusals, excusals, pleadings, and rule extensions.
● Serves as a liaison with other court staff, state agencies, and the public.
● Verifies qualifications form and questionnaires are properly completed.
● Schedules jurors and creates jury panels/pools.
● Maintains and updates jury calendars and manages call-in’s or robocall systems.
● Maintains a cash till and ensures court fees are accurately assessed, paid, receipted, and correctly recorded in the case management system.
● Disburses bond payments and trust funds, and prepares and maintains bond reports.
● Follows proper restitution collection and distribution procedures.
● Ensures the office, its equipment and courtroom(s) are operational.
● Researches and analyzes case management issues.
● Audits research and when necessary corrects case files.
● May serve as information systems site coordinator or back up to site coordinator.
● Oversees micro photography standards.
● Ensures exhibits comply with statuary retention schedules.
● Performs purchasing duties.
● Provides victims with resource and advocacy information.
● Assists with overseeing the jury administration; reviews, sorts, and organizes jury summons.
● Prepares alpha list, random list, voir dire sheet, and seating chart for jury trials.
● Ensures judicial calendars and schedules are maintained.
● Certifies court records, prepares hard copy case files with tape logs and transcripts for microfilming, scanning, archiving and destruction.
● Creates case tracking number and bar code scans all files appropriately for file destination and image case documents in the case management system.
● Researches records and complies with public record requests.
● Coordinates program participation with Specialty Programs within the court.
● Analyzes court docket operations to develop and implement processes that will improve case management and court services.
● May be assigned supervisory duties under the mentorship of a supervisor or manager.
● Provides direction and assistance to subordinate staff.
● Participates in short/long term planning.
● Serves as Court Monitor.
● Other duties as assigned.
The applicant should demonstrate knowledge of training concepts; project management techniques; legal terminology and phrases; filing methods; case processing; Specialty Court Programs; research methodology; safety and security issues; court fee accounting practices; court monitoring procedures; Court Clerk’s Procedures Manual and Code of Ethics; court’s and state’s Language Access Policies, access to the Certified Language International Interpreting Line; and general organization structure of the judiciary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The following functions are representative, but not all-inclusive of the work environment and physical demands an employee may expect to encounter in performing tasks assigned to this job. Work is performed in an office or court setting. A valid driver's license and travel may be required. The assigned work schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. The employee must regularly interact positively with co-workers, clients, the public, and judges and justices.
* This job description is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions performed
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Programs, employee assistance program (EAP) [http://www.mybenefitsnm.com/]
● State paid life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance
● Optional flexible spending accounts for medical, day-care, and travel expenses
● Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, up to eight (8) weeks
● Ten (10) paid holidays
● Up to twelve (12) weeks of paid parental leave
● Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
● Lifetime Defined Benefits Retirement Plan [http://www.nmpera.org/]
● Flexible work schedules and alternative work locations*
● Free health care, Rx, lab work at facility (Stay Well Health Center) in Santa Fe, NM
● Bilingual compensation*
● Training and career development opportunities
● Higher education opportunities and educational leave
● May qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
● May receive overtime holiday or shift differential pay*
● May receive physical fitness leave*
● What are your benefits worth? Click here to find out
*these benefits vary by job classification or need*
|TO APPLY: Submit a NM Judicial Branch Employment Application or a Resume and Resume Supplemental Form, and proof education must be received by mail or hand delivered by 4:00 pm Friday January 14, 2022 to:|
Microsoft Word Format
Adobe PDF Format
Resume Supplemental Forms:
Microsoft Word Format
Adobe PDF Format
|First Judicial District Court|
|Human Resource Office Attn: Nicole Salazar|
|225 Montezuma Ave|
|P.O. Box 2268|
|Santa Fe, NM 87504|
PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER