Back to Job Opportunities Page
|Administrative Office of the Courts|
Business Unit: 24100
Court Executive Officer 3 (U) #00000751-24100, At-Will, Full-Time, Perm, in Aztec, NM
# of Positions: 1
Opening Date: 12-13-2021 - Close Date: 01-26-2022
Job Pay Range: QQ: $44.138 - $71.724 per hour
Target Pay Range/Rate: $48.077 - $71.724 per hour
Prospectively, the New Mexico Judicial Branch is requiring full vaccination status as a condition of employment to being hired into the judiciary. Fully vaccinated means two weeks beyond the second Moderna or Pfizer vaccination or single dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccination, and if eligible, must have received the COVID-19 Booster.
The Eleventh Judicial District & Magistrate Courts Court is recruiting for an at-will, full-time, classified, Court Executive Officer 3 (U) #00000751-24100 position for the Administration in Aztec, New Mexico. GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Acting under the direction of the Chief Judge, the Court Executive Officer 3 is responsible for overseeing the management and administration of the court, including administrative services and the non-judicial operations of the court and allocating resources in a manner that maximizes the efficiency and effectiveness in court operations and enhances service to the public. Finalist(s) may be subject to criminal background checks.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
● The Court Executive Officer 3 is responsible for the general operational and administrative direction and supervision of court employees.
● Administers or oversees the court’s administration to include finance, facilities, security, human resources and information systems, and the non-judicial operations of the court, to include pre-trial services, case management and specialty courts.
● Makes recommendations to the Chief Judge regarding the court’s budget priorities and develops long and short-term strategic financial goals.
● Assists in the oversight, review and/or preparation of the financial audit process, grant administration, fixed assets and facility administration.
● Reviews and approves court financial reports, reconciliations, financial statements, or expenditures, and ensures purchases comply with the NM Procurement Code.
● May serve as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and/or Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) for the court. Ensures CFO and CPO serve the court in accordance with the appropriate statutes, rules and procedures.
● Manages and oversees the negotiation and management of contracts on behalf of the courts and in accordance with established contracting procedures and applicable laws.
● Manages the court’s jury operations including the efficient use of state and citizens’ time and resources.
● Plans current and future court facility and space needs; works with county managers, architects, contractors, subcontractors and vendors in the modification, maintenance or upgrade of existing facilities.
● In conjunction with the County Sheriff’s Department, the Supreme Court, and the AOC, oversees security for the court to provide a safe environment for the court employees and members of the public.
● Collaborates with outside security agencies to ensure the safety and well-being of all judges, staff and the public.
● Enforces court security measures for information technology, public information and records including timely responses to IPRA requests and media inquiries.
● Manages uniform record-keeping systems, collects data on pending and completed judicial business and internal operations as required by the court and Supreme Court.
● Manages facilities in a manner that provides for a safe, secure and ergonomic work environment.
● Oversees and conducts research, development, coordination, and tracking of legislative initiatives and bills; researches and drafts proposed legislation; provides testimony and develops strategies for passage of legislation; performs bill analyses for effect and impact on the court; analyzes court/program needs and addresses requests from legislature and other interested parties.
● Serves as a liaison to state, county, municipal or private organizations; consults and collaborates with managers, employees, state agencies, state legislators, the public, press, attorneys, and private vendors.
● Prepares comprehensive status and statistical reports, rules, procedures, and addresses citizen complaints.
● Serves on internal judicial and external community steering committees to develop and manage efficient court processes and policies, and makes recommendations relevant to the court’s jurisdiction and initiatives.
● Advises the court’s judges on performance measures and case management best practices, and assists in equitably assigning caseloads to the court’s judges.
● Develops and implements information technology solutions for the court, including fixed assets.
● Hires, manages, organizes, and coordinates the work of professional staff. Assists subordinates in establishing and meeting goals, delineates available resources, coaches and motivates staff concerning the development of projects, deadlines, and priorities. Develops and establishes procedures for the successful operation of the court’s administrative systems.
● Prepares and reviews statistical reports on court performance measures. Reports on performance measures to the Chief Justice or Chief Judge. Identifies performance hindrances and opportunities for increased performance. Implements new procedures and policies where appropriate.
● Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant should demonstrate a high degree of experience in budget development, management of multiple and diverse court programs and staff, policy development, delivering presentations to diverse audiences including testifying before a legislative or similar body, and comprehensive and advanced knowledge and understanding of the organization and functions of the judicial branch of government. Demonstrated ability to lead and direct change that benefits the operations of the court, and provide exemplary leadership through integrity, honesty, respect and effective team building skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The following functions are representative, but not all-inclusive of the work environment and physical demands an employee may expect to encounter in performing tasks assigned to this job. Work is performed in an office or court setting. A valid driver's license and travel may be required. The assigned work schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. The employee must regularly interact positively with co-workers, clients, the public, and judges and justices.
* This job description is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions performed
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Programs, employee assistance program (EAP) [http://www.mybenefitsnm.com/]
● State paid life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance
● Optional flexible spending accounts for medical, day-care, and travel expenses
● Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, up to eight (8) weeks
● Ten (10) paid holidays
● Up to twelve (12) weeks of paid parental leave
● Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
● Lifetime Defined Benefits Retirement Plan [http://www.nmpera.org/]
● Flexible work schedules and alternative work locations*
● Free health care, Rx, lab work at facility (Stay Well Health Center) in Santa Fe, NM
● Bilingual compensation*
● Training and career development opportunities
● Higher education opportunities and educational leave
● May qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
● May receive overtime holiday or shift differential pay*
● May receive physical fitness leave*
● What are your benefits worth? Click here to find out
*these benefits vary by job classification or need*
|TO APPLY: Submit a New Mexico Judicial Branch Application for Employment, or a Resume and a Resume Supplemental form, and proof of education BY 5:00 p.m., January 26, 2022 to:|
Microsoft Word Format
Adobe PDF Format
Resume Supplemental Forms:
Microsoft Word Format
Adobe PDF Format
|Eleventh Judicial District & Magistrate Courts|
|103 S Oliver Drive|
|Aztec, NM 87410|
PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER